Thursday, June 24, 2010

Our Pack Pitbull Rescue, HSSV and crate-training


Yesterday I went to a dog park social session for Pitbulls at the Humane Society of Silicon Valley (HSSV). Even though I didn't get to play with other dogs (because you need to be screened first to participate), I still had a good time hanging out with my 2-legged friends.

The session is hosted by Our Pack Inc.-a Pitbull rescue and advocacy group-and HSSV. It offers a safe, fun setting for pitbulls to play with each other, under the supervision of trainers and staff from both organizations.

It looked like great fun and we got to meet Marthina McClay, founder of Our Pack. She is just awesome and we all love her. Here are 2 of her dogs-Dexter and Posie-at the park, aren't they absolutely adorable?!?


I am working to be comfortable being inside a crate, which I don't care for at this time. But I do like the yummy treats it makes :) Foster human said we're going to take small steps and I promise I'll try my best. I'll keep you posted on my progress.
Ok time for a quick nap while foster human makes some collars on her sewing machine-I'm beginning to like the sound of this machine, makes me sleepy.

2 comments:

  1. Yesterday was great fun for humans and dogs alike. I agree with everything you said. It was fun to be around like-minded people and all those great dogs. I'm sending you good vibes about the crate training. You're so good at everything else I know that you will "ace" this one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on the crate training Chilly. It takes time but try and enjoy the good stuff! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete